Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Day 8: Monday, Sept 23, 2019 Connemara Touring

Kylemore Abbey
Day 8: After breakfast, enjoy a tour of the Connemara region. Including a stop at Kylemore Abbey and the Celtic Crystal Factory and Connemara Marble Factory. Then into Galway for a panoramic city tour and some free time. Back to Galway Hotel for your dinner and overnight.

REFLECTION
Kylemore Abbey, Galway

Samthann was a wise spiritual director or anam chara. She was reported to be confessor to Maleruain, one of the Celi De movement’s leaders. This movement was a major seventh-century reform initiative dedicated to revitalizing Celtic spirituality. Samthann, like Brigit of Kildare, had a reputation for compassion and generous giving. It is said that she shared her food and alms with her sisters and with people in need. On one occasion, a leper was stranded across a pond. Samthann and her companions picked him up and brought him across in her boat. Then she supplied the leper with food and clothing to meet his needs. Praying With Celtic Holy Women (2003) Bridget Mary Meehan and Regina Madonna Oliver, pp. 100-101.

Celebrating Saint Samthann’s
Gifts for Our Lives

PRAYER

God of My Yearning,
You speak to me
in the depths of my soul
of love beyond all telling.
Guide me to unravel
the epiphanies of grace
and wonders of your life
on my earthly journey.
May I be blessed to have an anam cara,
like Saint Samthann,
with whom I can share
my heart’s deep yearnings and
who can shepherd my growth in wisdom.
Let it be. Let it be. Amen.

Meditation

Open yourself to the infinite, tender, expressive love of God for you. Listen as God calls you by name and sings for joy for your presence. Realize that you are God’s beloved child. You are precious. You are loved beyond your wildest imaginings.

What do you see? What do you hear? When you find this loving state, take note of what you see, of what you hear.

Repeat one of the following short prayers or mantras to remind you of God’s love, make up one of your own, or choose one that the Spirit has whispered in your soul.
• I am God’s beloved.
• God delights in me.
• God sings for joy over me.
• I am a glorious image of the Holy One.
• I rest calmly in the assurance of God’s love.

Closing Prayer

The encompassing of God be on you and on me,
the encompassing of the God of life.
The encompassing of Christ be on you and on me,
the encompassing of the Christ of love.
The encompassing of the Spirit be on you and on me,
The encompassing of the Spirit of Grace.
The encompassing of the Three be on you and on me.
The encompassing of the Three preserve you and me.
Adapted from Alexander Carmichael’s Carmina Gadelica


SONG
Soul Blessing by Carmel Boyle on Dance with Me CD
https://youtu.be/R9R-RgHPhZg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 1: Travel from the US to Ireland

Day 1: Travel overnight from a US airport to Ireland. A group will be leaving from Newark, NJ. Call Celtic Tours to join this group.